In May 2008 the Urban Rebounding team personally delivered some Urban rebounders to Madonna's personal trainer ahead of her Live Maidstone performances. Madonna and her dance team use the Urban Rebounder to warm up before performances and as part of her conditioning programme. Madonna finds using the Urban Rebounder before her energetic stage performance is the best way to prepare her body for her dance routines before going on stage.
Unfortunately Madonna's own 'Urban Rebounders' had been accidently left in the US so she needed to find some more quickly. Luckily we were able get some to her! She insisted that she used the 'Urban Rebounder' for it's design spec and quality and wouldn't use an inferior product.
In August 2011 Madonna purchased a further 2 Rebounders and insisted on having our units for use with her new personal trainer also.
The Method behind Madonna's madness
Top 10 tips - all you need is a spare hour a day, six days a week ... for the rest of your life!!!!
• Train for one hour a day, six days a week. Do 30 minutes of cardio training [dancing, jogging, aerobics] and 30 minutes of muscular structure [weights and stretches],Do it six days a week for the rest of your life.Yes, you read that correctly.
• Beware of the gym: the weights are too heavy.After over-exercising in gyms in my late teens my muscles got very bulky and I was more like a gymnast than a ballet dancer. It looked like somebody threw me in the trash compactor: my neck got really short.
• Instead, learn to dance. If you want a dancer's body, dance. Dance aerobics is my favorite cardio. It's very frustrating if people think you have to become a dancer to do it - you don't. My DVDs are very user-friendly. You can take one or two combinations a day and learn them.
• Think high reps, low weights. "For me, fitness is all about high repetitions and low resistance. I mean 60 reps with 10 different exercises using weights of three pounds or below."
• Don't just switch off while you're working out. "I have done research about people who think they're doing movements and people - like Madonna and professional dancers - who are actually 'performing' movements. The people who can connect and perform during their workout get results way above and beyond the people who are just going through the motions."
• Watch yourself exercise. Look at yourself in the mirror and critique yourself and your movements as you would a piece of artwork. Have an opinion about how you are moving.
• But don't beat yourself up that you are not Madonna. Do you need to train two hours a day? Probably not. The reason why my celebrity clients have to train two hours a day is because their endurance level is so strong. For Madonna to get results and keep results, it's like a professional athlete training - she has to push harder.
• Unless you need to lose weight, eat what you want, but sensibly. I like for people to be not in their heads about eating [ie they should not get stressed about it]. Food restriction can become a real mental game and I'm not a fan.
• If you do need to lose weight, be strict with yourself, however. 'm not a fan of dairy for women and I don't like processed foods. Every day I drink a juice with parsley, kale, ginger and apple. I eat lean proteins like fish and chicken as well as quinoa and brown rice.
• Drink as little alcohol as possible. I drink wine very rarely. Alcohol slows your metabolism for three days after you drink.